Why I Am Neat
Monday, April 24, 2006

Missing. I am missing things. My check book, a water spritzer for plants, a dustpan, and my marbles.

Since GOODFROG came out I have been maniacally busy; I have not been able to be neat. And I have not been able to keep up. There was a pile of things on my desk and I thought everything was under it, but some of them disappeared. They left without permission, moving to a place where they could not be found. This is why people have personal assistants. Why people have wives.

But I don't. And that is why I am neat. Why I must keep up. Because the moment I stop, things get lost. Then I begin to lose other things... like patience and my manners. And when I find them I know I have to stop until I re-group. Clean up. Catch up, and begin again.

I am very hungry now. I see it is very late. I realize I have lost something else. Track of time.

Soon I will eat. But first I must finish. I am almost there. And when I wake up tomorrow, the things on my desk will still be waiting, but they will be in order. Things will be better.

Tomorrow I will be reading and signing my book at Rizzoli! We will all celebrate. And move forward.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

<< Home