Signed on the Dotted Line
Monday, May 28, 2007

So Rosie never came back! I wrote about it all ending with her departure in three weeks. Try three hours! She quit. Or whatever happened. But I doubt they quit her. She brought the ratings sky-high. She wore shoes to the table that will not be easy to fill. If I thought the show would plummet after Meredith's exit I really wonder just what will happen now.

But the lessons learned for me are:
  • If you bring in money you have power
  • Contract/Shontract! Things happened and it ended early
  • Things happen and things change

I had contracts last year that ended. Iron-clad contracts on both ends, with a publisher and with a lawyer, that locked me in. Except now... I'm out. Don't ask! (Yes, I know. The reason my blog is not juicey is because I will not explain why.) :)

But today is Memorial Day. And while many people are out having fun, partying and barbequing, I'm home. Working. Writing my next book. Shiksa Syndrome. Because I want to sell so many copies that when it comes to contracts I, too, will have the power to make 'em and break 'em.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

<< Home